AIO often engages in First Amendment protected speech, including the tailoring of messages to particular audiences. This personalized speech relies on data-driven tools provided by e.g. Facebook and Google Analytics. These services allow us to better serve visitors with content that is more useful to them, and speak directly to the people for whom the content is especially useful. These tools include, for example, data driven analytics and targeted advertisement technologies. These services inform and facilitate our First Amendment protected speech.
This website is owned and operated in California. You agree that when providing data to us, you are doing so in the jurisdiction of California. AIO does not have any actual knowledge that any of its activities would not be legal if conducted in any other jurisdiction in the world. However, many different jurisdictions often have diverse or even conflicting rules. If AIO or any of its online activities are unlawful in your jurisdiction, you have no right to use, view, or engage with AIO online in any way whatsoever. To do so when your jurisdiction would consider AIO or its online activities unlawful is to access our data system(s) with either no authorization or an exceedance of authorized access as applicable.
THE PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
AIO collects personal data directly from you when you interact with us through our websites, apps, and services, including, without limitation, when you:
- Visit our websites, apps, or services;
- Contact us through our contact forms, chat services, phone, or email;
- Create a user account or other registration with us;
- Interact with us on social media that we use, including paid ads and non-paid interactions;
- Participate in surveys, evaluations, or other question forms;
- Request information or materials from us;
- Apply for employment;
- Submit questions or comments; or
- Other ways in which you cause your Internet-connected device to transmit your data to us.
To the extent permitted by applicable law, the types of personal data collected directly from you may include, without limitation:
- Information used to communicate with you, such as name, title, company name, email address, telephone number, postal address and language;
- Information that AIO maintains in association with your account, such as your username, password, payment information, purchase records, credit and billing status and support inquiries; and
- Information contained in your job inquiries or applications, such as resume, cover letter, age, education, professional history and contact details.
We may also collect information relating to your use of our websites and response to our emails through the use of various technologies. Collecting information in this manner allows us to analyze the effectiveness of our websites and our marketing efforts, personalize your experience and improve our interactions with you. These technologies include, without limitation, cookies.
We may also supplement the personal data we collect from you with additional personal data we receive from third parties, such as your employer, our customers, and our business affiliates. We do this to help us improve the overall accuracy of the information and its completeness and to help us better tailor our interactions with you.
HOW WE USE (PROCESS) YOUR PERSONAL DATA
AIO uses personal data in an effort to enhance your experience on our websites. In addition, we may use personal data we collect about you to:
- Identify and Authenticate You. We use your personal data to verify your identity when you access and use our Services and to ensure the security of your personal data. This includes your creation of an account that is associated with your personal data. The personal data that may be collected and processed for this purpose includes: name, title, company name, email address, telephone number, postal address, language, username, and password. We process this information in order to comply with our contractual obligations to you.
- Fulfill Your Requests. If you request something from AIO, such as a product or service, a call back, a newsletter subscription, or specific marketing or other materials, we use the personal data you provide to respond to your request. We or our representatives may also contact you as part of customer satisfaction surveys or for market research purposes. Where required by applicable law, we will obtain your consent before sending marketing messages. The personal data that may be collected and processed for this purpose includes: name, title, company name, email address, telephone number, postal address, language, username, payment information, purchase records, credit and billing status, and support inquiries. We may process this information in order to comply with our contractual obligations to you when responding to your requests. In other cases it is in our legitimate business interests and First Amendment right to be able to speak to customers in a meaningful way and to provide prospective customers with information, goods, or services they request.
- Provide You with Information About Our Products, Services and Events. AIO may use your personal data to notify you about product and service offerings as well as events that we believe may be of interest to you. AIO also may use your personal data to respond directly to your requests for information, including registrations for newsletters or other specific requests. The personal data that may be collected and processed for this purpose includes: name, title, company name, email address, telephone number, postal address, language, username, payment information, purchase records, credit and billing status, and support inquiries. It is in our legitimate business interests and First Amendment right to be able to provide customers, prospective customers, and the public with information about our products, services, and events.
- Provide Support and Customer Service. We use your personal data to provide support for products or services you have obtained from us and answer other questions. In the course of providing technical support to you, we may sometimes have incidental access to data that you have provided to us or data that is located on your systems. This data may contain information about you, or your organization’s business, employees, customers, partners, or suppliers. The personal data that may be collected and processed for this purpose includes: name, title, company name, email address, telephone number, postal address, language, username, payment information, purchase records, credit and billing status, and support inquiries. We may process this information in order to comply with our contractual obligations to you.
- Process Your Job Application. When you apply for a position at AIO, we use the personal data you provide for the purpose of assessing your application, considering you for future positions and carrying out human resources functions in accordance with applicable law. It is in our legitimate business interests to be able to review the qualifications of prospective employees and perform human resources functions with regard to current or prospective employees.
HOW WE DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
AIO may affiliate with other vendors or professionals, consistent with applicable law governing confidentiality, in order to better serve you.
AIO may disclose Personal Data in the following ways:
- AIO may disclose personal data to business affiliates and service providers in order to support our business operations, such as (but not limited to) fulfilling your orders, following up on requests, providing support and assisting AIO with sales, marketing and communication initiatives. These business affiliates and service providers include distributors, resellers, payment processors, social media providers, marketing providers, cloud storage providers, financial service providers and institutions, materials production and shipping companies, postal or government authorities, market intelligence and consulting service providers, and information technology service providers. Business affiliates and service providers may be governed by applicable law and contract (for example, other privacy policies) to keep the information received on behalf of AIO confidential and secure and not use it for any purpose other than the purpose for which it was provided to them.
- AIO may disclose personal data as required by law or legal process, such as responding to a duly authorized and lawful request of a police or public authority (including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements), to enforce or protect the rights of AIO, when such disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss as permitted by applicable law, or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity.
- AIO may also disclose personal data in the context of a business transaction involving part or all of AIO, such as a merger, acquisition, joint venture, consolidation, or divestiture. Such a transaction may involve the disclosure of personal data to prospective or actual affiliates, joint venturers, or purchasers, or the receipt of it. It is AIO’S practice to seek appropriate protection for information in these types of transactions. Following such a business transaction, you may contact the entity to which we transferred your personal data with any inquiries concerning the use of that information.
COOKIES AND OTHER TECHNOLOGIES
AIO uses some cookies that are strictly necessary for the appropriate delivery of services on our websites. Cookies that are strictly necessary allow us to improve the safety and security of our websites, authenticate account users, allow you to access your private accounts on our websites, allow you to sign into different portions of our websites with the use of only one login, balance the traffic on our websites, and remember items in your shopping cart. Cookies that are strictly necessary are not used for marketing purposes.
In addition, we may use remarketing technology to advertise on other websites, apps, or services you may visit or use. In doing so, a third party may place or read a unique ad-serving cookie on your device and use technical information about your browser and your activity at a AIO website, app, or service to serve advertisements to you on non-AIO websites.
If you do not want your information to be stored by cookies, you can configure your browser so that it always rejects these cookies or asks you each time whether you want to accept them or not. However, you must understand that choosing to reject cookies may reduce the performance and functionality of our websites, apps, and services. Your browser documentation likely includes instructions explaining how to enable, disable or delete cookies at the browser level (usually located within the “Help”, “Tools” or “Edit” facility). While AIO websites at this time generally do not recognize automated browser signals regarding tracking mechanisms, such as “do not track” instructions, you can generally express your privacy preferences regarding the use of most cookies and similar technologies through your web browser.
AIO also uses web beacons alone or in conjunction with cookies to compile information about usage of our websites and interaction with emails from AIO (e.g., open rates, click through rates). Web beacons are clear electronic images that can recognize certain types of information on your device, such as cookies, when you viewed a particular website, app, or service tied to the web beacon, and a description of a website, app, or service tied to the web beacon. For example, AIO may place web beacons in marketing emails that notify AIO when you click on a link in the email that directs you to one of our websites. AIO uses web beacons to operate and improve our websites and email communications, which are First Amendment protected messages.
If you have a right under applicable law that you wish to specifically invoke, or a question or concern about applicable law, please email [email protected].
AIO intends to protect your personal data. We have implemented appropriate safeguards to help us protect your personal data from unauthorized access, use and disclosure. For example, we encrypt certain personal data such as payment information when we transmit such information over the Internet. We also require that our business affiliates and service providers protect such information from unauthorized access, use and disclosure.
SOCIAL MEDIA, PUBLIC FORUMS AND LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
AIO may provide social media features that enable you to share information with your social networks and interact with AIO on various social media websites. Your use of these features may result in the collection or sharing of information about you, depending on the feature. We encourage you to review the privacy policies and settings on the social media websites with which you interact to make sure you understand the information that may be collected, used, and shared by those websites.
Our websites may make chat rooms, forums, blogs, message boards, and/or news groups available to its users. Remember that your comments and posts become publicly available, and we urge you to exercise discretion when submitting such content.
Our websites may contain links to other websites. AIO does not control and is not responsible for the information collected by websites that can be reached through links from our websites. If you have questions about the data collection procedures of linked websites, please contact the organizations that operate those websites directly.
CHILDREN’S ONLINE PRIVACY
AIO’S products and services are not directed to children and AIO does not knowingly collect online personal data from children under the age of 13. If you are a parent or guardian of a minor under the age of 13 and believe that he or she has disclosed personal data to us, please contact us at [email protected].